Saturday, August 4, 2007

Meet "Amy"

OK, I'm about about to switch the flow up a little and show a different side of Nik. I love music of all types, and my MP3 player is proof of that. I love Queen, which I'll admit is a little weird coming from a chick hailing from out some of the grimiest hoods in South Philly. Coming up my friends thought it was crazy to listen to "36 Chambers" and then switch up to "Queen's Greatest Hits". They said that I had a inner white girl inside me named Amy and made jokes and stuff. I explained that a lot of hip hop is influenced by groups like Queen, and they were sampled heavily. Then I let them listen to songs like "Under Pressure","We Are The Champions", and "We Will Rock You" and they thought they were cool once they realized that that recognized their work.
Here is my favorite Queen song. This song is one of the greatest rock songs ever written.

Queen ~ Bohemian Rhapsody


R.I.P. Freddie Mercury


This is a hip hop version of the song done by a group called The Braids. The song was featured on the soundtrack for that terrible movie "High School High" with Mekhi Phifer and Melinda Williams.I guess The Braids was a "one-hit-wonder" because I never heard from them again. I liked this version though.

The Braids ~ Bohemian Rhapsody

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Marcy's Playground!! they rock! Let me find out you switched to Verizon Wireless so you could download and listen to old Queen songs and come to work dressed like them to play air guitar like the commercials... 3m's 1h 3m's (mmmhmmm)