Saturday, November 24, 2007

Catch The Vapors



Biz Markie & Roxanne Shanté ~ Def Fresh Crew Live in NYC circa 1986


Finally, the movie I've been waiting on! According to AHH ,The Vapors is a movie about the true story of the legendary Juice Crew, and it's coming to the big screen (hard to believe that,but we'll see).




The Juice Crew has got to be my favorite collective of all time boasting the likes of Big Daddy Kane, Roxanne Shanté, Kool G Rap, DJ Marley Marl, Biz Markie, Masta Ace, & MC Shan. According to the article the movie will focus on their rise to fame. The crew is known for singles that sparked beef on wax including "The Roxanne Wars" (Shanté Vs. UTFO & Roxanne knock offs) & "The Bridge Wars" (KRS-ONE Vs. MC Shan).




I will be interested in seeing how Roxanne Shanté's character is going to be portrayed. I'd love to finally see her get her due as a pioneer of hip hop music. Shanté was one of the first female mc's to really blow up on the radio and have record sales. I loved how she was always coming at peoples neck too, and she had both male and female mc's hating her. KeKe Palmer is supposed to play the role and personally I can see her doing great as the young and sassy Lolita Shanté Gooden aka Roxanne Shanté. Shanté is definitely one of my idols, getting the record label to fund her college education. She got a PHD out of the deal, and I ain't mad at her at all. Now THATS some gangsta shit! Below is clip from the Beef 3 dvd where she talks about how she pimped the game. Go on girl!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roxanne Shante has a Ph.D!

They were interviewing her on the radio last year sometime and that's when I found out.

I was surprised.

Sista done good!