Sunday, August 26, 2007

Where Your Dogs At?




Another one bites the dust. This song is dedicated to DMX. He hasn't been charged yet with animal cruelty for the 12 'distressed' pit bulls the cops found at his Cave Creek, AZ home, but you better believe that they are coming. According to The Arizona Republic, the police also found three dead dogs buried on the property and about a 1/2 pound of alleged narcotics in the master bedroom. Oh, and of course they found a cache of assault-type weapons. Yep, you best believe the charges are coming.

I really don't like animals and I am actually frightened by most, so that's why I don't own any. I mean had a cat before, but only because where I lived at the time had major mice infestation issues. My boyfriend at the time took care of that cat, and good thing too. I have a lot of things going on and having a pet is like having another child. Feeding him, changing litter boxes, grooming, trips to the vet, and the attention that you have to give, all that comes with owing a cat. Sorry but there is just not enough time in the day, I am a hard working single mother. I know I'm a lousy pet owner, so that's why when I got rid of my man, I made him take the cat with him. No need to make the cat suffer.

That being said, I am in no way feeling the cruelty to animals thing. Just because I'm not a fan of pets does not mean that I would want any harm to come their way. But he should have made arrangements to have his dogs taken care of in his absence by someone that was responsible. Especially since we all know about Mike Vick's issues. Black men wake up! You know that everything you do is looked at through a microscope, and sifted through with a fine tooth comb. DMX should not be in this mess right now, he's been in this situation previously back in 2002, way before Mick Vick ever was. Do we even learn from our mistakes?

No comments: