Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Classic

I got flashback joints today. First up, I gotta rep the 2-1-5, and this was my jawn! I swear this song needs to be re-released for the youngbucks of today, because they are off the hook. I guess that's why I'm always reminiscing, we had some QUALITY music back in the days. Not all music had a message, but when they did have one we soaked it up like a sponge. Young ladies, this one is for you. Respect yourselves!

True Honey Buns ~ Bahamadia




This next joint is a classic. I think I was graduating high school around the time this came out. One of the best songs Kool Moe Dee ever made in my opinion. He had the help of "The Blastmaster" KRS-ONE & Chuck D on this one. Video has French captions, sorry only copy I could find.


Rise~N~Shine Kool Moe Dee, KRS-ONE, & Chuck D



Last but definitely not least is my favorite hip-hop group of all time, A Tribe Called Quest (well...they are a tie with Public Enemy!). I am soooooo embarrassed to say that I don't remember this video, being as I'm the biggest fan that I know. I am so in love with Q-Tip, have been since I first laid eyes on him. This is from the album "Midnight Marauders", one of my top ten favorite albums.

A Tribe Called Quest ft/ Busta Rhymes ~ Oh My God!



Enjoy!

3 comments:

Thembi Ford said...

big ups to the 2-1-5!

Unknown said...

WHAT?! Thank you for making me smile on a Monday!

hottnikz said...

Any time, Ced. Thanks for stopping by!